Intern – Refugee Ministry in Phoenix, AZ
Summer Intern for Refugee Work in Phoenix, AZ
January 8 – March 4, 2024
March 18 – May 10, 2024
June 3 – July 26, 2024
Application Deadline – 2 months before start date
Want to spend your summer doing work that matters by building relationships and using your skills to provide training to refugees?
Learn and grow in your understanding of God’s love & his church, be mentored by experienced missionaries, and do meaningful work on the group with people of all nations who have found their new home in the Southwestern U.S.!
About the Ministry
At our training center, you’ll tangibly serve internationals by teaching a variety of skills-based classes including English, sewing, and tutoring for kids.
Beyond serving, through this ministry context you’ll meet a deeper need of connection as internationals become friends. Even with limited English, refugee friends of our ministry communicate their burdens and joys as we visit their homes. This opens a door for you to share stories of hope from your own life and God’s Word.
As we share life with our neighbors, God is already working. Through the summer internship, you’ll join in what God is doing- finding people of peace and sharing the hope of Christ with those that don’t know the saving love of their Creator.
About The Program
What You’ll Experience:
- Build relationships with and teach classes to internationals at the GoTEN Training Center
- Train in cross-cultural ministry through storytelling & discovery Bible study
- Visit the homes of your new refugees friends and practice what you learned in training.
- Be mentored by an experienced missionary who will help you learn, grow, and process.
Dependent on number of summer participants. Staff will work with interns to secure housing. Interns are recommended to bring their car to navigate Phoenix.
Orientation upon landing and continual training throughout the program. Debrief included at the end of the internship.
Cost: $3,000 + airfare
- You’re a follower of Jesus and wanting to grow spiritually
- You’re adaptable and teachable
- You want to serve in a cross-cultural environment