Worship Arts Leader
As a Worship Arts Leader serving in Mexico for 1-2 years (or more!), immerse yourself into a new language and culture through our Avance Program! Live with a host family, level up your Spanish skills and serve in local ministries + churches under a great team of fun & experienced leaders in Mexico City! Together with Mexican Christians, spend your life on what will outlast it in one of the largest cities of the world while growing and learning about God’s will for your life.
About Mexico City & the Role
Mexico City is the largest city in Latin America, with approximately 21.2 million people in the entire metropolitan area. Accordingly, Mexico City is an important and strategic location for ministry outreach and church planting. It is also a city that demonstrates a clear mosaic of prosperous and poorer neighborhoods. Community development projects are critical in each of these pockets as they present very different challenges and opportunities.
Serve one of several church plants in need of a worship leader for their services. Work under both local church leadership and the ministry team to oversee and coordinate times of worship with both environments. Build up others in areas of discipleship and their musical talents, including creating and managing worship teams.
Other role responsibilities may include coordinating prayer retreats, special concerts of prayer, and other opportunities for others to connect with the Lord through worship.
- Be equipped through cross-cultural and spiritual formation training (pre- and on-field)
- Enroll in Spanish language classes (college credit available in some cases) to connect with the culture (prior Spanish knowledge not required, but if you have it that’s great!)
- Immerse in Mexican culture by living with a host family
- Have weekly rhythms with a team of young adults & qualified leaders
- Train in leadership development
- Serve in a local ministry (churches, anti-trafficking, hostel ministry, music, womens ministry, etc.)
- Experience cross-cultural life in a dynamic, bustling city in Mexico
- Learn how to use your skills & giftings to glorify God
- You’re 18-29 years old
- You’re a follower of Jesus and wanting to grow spiritually
- You’re adaptable and teachable
- You want to serve in a cross-cultural environment
- You’re willing to raise your support for this role (don’t worry- we’ll show you how!
- You have experience leading worship