Do you have a passion for Education? IME (Instituto Metropolitano Estrella) is looking for a Director for the school. The IME Director is responsible for providing vision, oversight, direction and administrative support to the Instituto Metropolitano Estrella. This is a key opportunity to impact and support teachers, families, and their children through vision casting, training, teaching, and pursuing growth in Christ to impact current generations and future generations. This ministry is a strategic investment in God’s Kingdom as it not only impacts current generations in their service and commitment (teachers, parents, and children) but also future generations who will serve missionally in Mexico and beyond.
Instituto Metropolitano Estrella (IME) in Mexico City, Mexico is a small school that provides Christ-centered, quality education in English from kindergarten to high school. It originally served children of English-speaking missionaries, but due to missionary demographic changes, IME now includes a larger percentage of children of Mexican pastors, although instruction, especially in all the core subjects, is still in English. The focus is to provide an education based on Biblical values and a commitment to supporting the students and their families in following Christ in their lives and educational pursuits.
- Work under the supervision and in conjunction with the IME Board, and cooperation with the families of the school.
- Maintain quality relationships with staff, students, families and alumni.
- Oversee administrative responsibilities of IME including:
- IME finances (bill paying, budget monitoring and purchasing) along with IME treasurer and board.
- Teacher schedules and school calendar.
- Disciplinary issues and referrals.
- Special academic testing: CAT tests, AP tests, etc.
- Grade record keeping and reporting throughout the year.
- Special event planning (eg. fall campout, spring fling, graduation, etc.)
- Curriculum development and changes.
- Relationship with the Association of Christian Schools International and other accrediting bodies.
- Policies, procedures, and records (student’s files and contact info).
- Participation in regular parent meetings
- Promotional efforts of the school, recruiting potential families, interviews of incoming students and parents with the IME board.
- Develop relationships with Christian schools and other organizations which can serve for teacher recruitment and placement at IME.
- Establish and maintain positive communication with mission leaders in Mexico to encourage these partnerships.
- Fill-in in the classroom when other substitute is not available.
- Carry out all regular duties and special assignments with efficiency and effectiveness so that tasks are completed on time.
- A strong commitment to education in a Christian context.
- A varied teaching background.
- Bilingual/bicultural (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the local community and ability to relate well with families, students and community members.
- Strong administrative ability.
- A willingness to raise support for their position salary.