Office Management Intern
As an Office Management Intern serving in Colombia for 1-2 years (or more!), immerse yourself into a new language and culture through our Avance Program! Live with a host family, level up your Spanish skills and serve in local ministries + churches under a great team of fun & experienced leaders in Medellin! Together with Colombian Christians, spend your life on what will outlast it in Colombia’s largest city while growing and learning about God’s will for your life.
About Colombia & the Role
A city of 2,569,000 surrounded by the Andean mountains, Medellin one of UWM’s Regional Training Hubs for Latin America. In the 80’s, Medellin was the most violent city in the world, and today has been key for transformation and development within Colombia, providing many opportunities to participate in what God is doing. Serve the church and local ministry partners through networking, collaboration, training projects and regional gatherings are necessary to accomplish the shared goal of seeing God glorified throughout Latin America.
As the Office Management Intern, your role will be to catalyze regional gatherings with key leaders to promote healthy growth among ministry sites throughout Latin America. If your heart beats for the Latino church, you may be a fit to support our small team in administration, coordinating meetings, communication, following up with strategic activities, and the use of social media.
- Be equipped through cross-cultural and spiritual formation training (pre- and on-field)
- Enroll in Spanish language classes (college credit available in some cases) to connect with the culture
- Immerse in Colombian culture by living with a host family
- Have weekly rhythms with a team of young adults & qualified leaders
- Train in leadership development
- Serve in a local ministry (churches, anti-trafficking, hostel ministry, music, womens ministry, etc.)
- Experience cross-cultural life in a dynamic, bustling city in Colombia
- Learn how to use your skills & giftings to glorify God
- You’re 18-29 years old
- You’re a follower of Jesus and wanting to grow spiritually
- You’re adaptable and teachable
- You want to serve in a cross-cultural environment
- You’re willing to raise your support for this role (don’t worry- we’ll show you how!)
- You desire to see a flourishing church in Latin America
- You have administrative giftings with experience in budgeting, creating reports, and managing projects and events.