As a Pre-K/Kindergarten Teacher serving in Mexico for 1-2 years (or more!), immerse yourself into a new language and culture through our Avance Program! Live with a host family, level up your Spanish skills and serve in local ministries + churches under a great team of fun & experienced leaders in Mexico City! Together with Mexican Christians, spend your life on what will outlast it in one of the largest cities of the world while growing and learning about God’s will for your life.
About Mexico City & the Role
Mexico City is the largest city in Latin America, with approximately 21.2 million people in the entire metropolitan area. Accordingly, Mexico City is an important and strategic location for ministry outreach and church planting. It is also a city that demonstrates a clear mosaic of prosperous and poorer neighborhoods. Community development projects are critical in each of these pockets as they present very different challenges and opportunities.
The families working with this ministry are deeply involved within their communities to build relationship, share Sabbath, and support the movement of church planting throughout the South of this city. These leaders are actively mentoring young adult apprentices who come though GoCorps for two years of service and training.
The rhythm is busy, vibrant, and full for the staff families that are running the program and the Lord has brought vision to the team to invite a family aide who would be available to support the young families in their initiatives on ground and also pour into the projects at play in the local community. The ministry staff have two families (one American, one Mexican) that have a total of five kids between 2-6 years of age. Part of this vision is that this Goer has a background in Early Childhood Education and can help partner with the missionary mothers in providing education at home.
- Be equipped through cross-cultural and spiritual formation training (pre- and on-field)
- Enroll in Spanish language classes (college credit available in some cases) to connect with the culture (prior Spanish knowledge not required, but if you have it that’s great!)
- Immerse in Mexican culture by living with a host family
- Have weekly rhythms with a team of young adults & qualified leaders
- Train in leadership development
- Serve in a local ministry (churches, anti-trafficking, hostel ministry, music, womens ministry, etc.)
- Experience cross-cultural life in a dynamic, bustling city in Mexico
- Learn how to use your skills & giftings to glorify God
- You’re 18-29 years old
- You’re a follower of Jesus and wanting to grow spiritually
- You’re adaptable and teachable
- You want to serve in a cross-cultural environment
- You’re willing to raise your support for this role (don’t worry- we’ll show you how!
- Experience in Early Childhood Education/Care (i.e daycare, nannying, children ministry background)
- Degree in Childhood Development preferred
- Heart for children of ministry workers