International School Teacher
As an International School Teacher serving in Mexico for 1-2 years (or more!), immerse yourself into a new language and culture through our Avance Program! Live with a host family, level up your Spanish skills and serve in local ministries + churches under a great team of fun & experienced leaders in Mexico City! Together with Mexican Christians, spend your life on what will outlast it in one of the largest cities of the world while growing and learning about God’s will for your life.
About Mexico City & the Role
Mexico City is the largest city in Latin America, with approximately 21.2 million people in the entire metropolitan area. Accordingly, Mexico City is an important and strategic location for ministry outreach and church planting.
BridgeWay Mexico is a new international, Christian school near the university area of Coyoacan, Mexico City. It is a partnership that unites Mexico, Canada, and the United States that seeks to love and educate children, pointing them to Christ. The project is outreach-oriented, seeking to draw a wide variety of students, Christian and non-Christian, and including both Mexicans and expatriates.
As an International School Teacher, serve in a full-time teaching role for preschool and/or for grade levels K-6, teaching a wide range of subjects in English, as would be typical in an American or Canadian classroom.
- Be equipped through cross-cultural and spiritual formation training (pre- and on-field)
- Enroll in Spanish language classes (college credit available in some cases) to connect with the culture (prior Spanish knowledge not required, but if you have it that’s great!)
- Immerse in Mexican culture by living with a host family
- Have weekly rhythms with a team of young adults & qualified leaders
- Train in leadership development
- Serve in a local ministry (churches, anti-trafficking, hostel ministry, music, womens ministry, etc.)
- Experience cross-cultural life in a dynamic, bustling city in Mexico
- Learn how to use your skills & giftings to glorify God
- You’re 18-29 years old
- You’re a follower of Jesus and wanting to grow spiritually
- You’re adaptable and teachable
- You want to serve in a cross-cultural environment on a diverse team
- You’re willing to raise your support for this role (don’t worry- we’ll show you how!
- You have teaching credentials or teaching experience.
- You have a BA in Education, Early Childhood Education or related field (preferred)