General Director at Elementary School
Congo Initiative (CI) is an envisioned community of Christ-centered Congolese leaders and global partners united for the transformation of lives and a flourishing Democratic Republic of Congo. Our vision is simple. Live by faith and with confidence. Work hard for the common good. Forgive and be forgiven. Do not dwell in the past or conform to the pattern of the world. Do something new and be transformed by renewing your mind. Empowered by this vision, Congo Initiative educates ethical leaders who have integrity; invests in a sustainable vibrant Congolese society; and develops grassroots initiatives for peace, hope, and justice.
Académie Bilingue du Congo (ABC) seeks to apply CI’s transformational vision of education in the lives of eastern Congo’s youngest learners. Our multinational team of faculty and staff focuses on character development, community engagement, and critical thinking as we seek to produce well-balanced global citizens. The introduction of evidence-based curriculum and teaching techniques allows us to engage learners at all stages and abilities as a new model for primary education in Congo.
The General Director at Académie Bilingue du Congo (ABC) oversees early childhood and primary education, envisioning the development and realization of the school’s mission. The Director serves as the key instructional coordinator, shaping curricula (especially bilingual education), teaching methods, and staff development for the school and seeking excellence in all academic matters. The Director guides the growth and development of ABC, working closely with ABC leaders and key UCBC advisors to build and sustain a flourishing learning community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education, with relevant teaching experience
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative and be flexible in developing a young school
- Commitment to living Christian values, excellent character, and leadership abilities
- Ability to work well with a cross-cultural team, and to encourage and empower others in their professional growth
- Commitment to DR Congo and to the growth and development of education in the region
- French language proficiency: B1 or higher
- Degree and/or experience in Education Administration
- Experience in curriculum, staff development, and/or bilingual education
- Fluency in French