Elementary/Middle School Teacher
As an Elementary/Middle School Teacher serving in Mexico for 1-2 years (or more!), immerse yourself into a new language and culture through our Avance Program! Live with a host family, level up your Spanish skills and serve in local ministries + churches under a great team of fun & experienced leaders in Mexico City! Together with Mexican Christians, spend your life on what will outlast it in one of the largest cities of the world while growing and learning about God’s will for your life.
About Mexico City & the Role
Mexico City is the largest city in Latin America, with approximately 21.2 million people in the entire metropolitan area. Accordingly, Mexico City is an important and strategic location for ministry outreach and church planting.
Join a small international school, Instituto Metropolitano Estrella, which was originally designed to serve the children of English-speaking missionaries and national pastors whose children often pursue their college education in the States. Serve primarily local Mexican families with a quality education in English. The greatest needs for the following year are teachers for grades K-8, although high school teachers are also welcome.
Proficient in teaching math and science at an elementary or secondary levels? We’re looking for people like you for both part-time and full-time roles!
- Be equipped through cross-cultural and spiritual formation training (pre- and on-field)
- Enroll in Spanish language classes (college credit available in some cases) to connect with the culture (prior Spanish knowledge not required, but if you have it that’s great!)
- Immerse in Mexican culture by living with a host family
- Have weekly rhythms with a team of young adults & qualified leaders
- Train in leadership development
- Serve in a local ministry (churches, anti-trafficking, hostel ministry, music, womens ministry, etc.)
- Experience cross-cultural life in a dynamic, bustling city in Mexico
- Learn how to use your skills & giftings to glorify God
- You’re 18-29 years old
- You’re a follower of Jesus and wanting to grow spiritually
- You’re adaptable and teachable
- You want to serve in a cross-cultural environment on a diverse team
- You’re willing to raise your support for this role (don’t worry- we’ll show you how!
- You have teaching credentials or teaching experience.
- You have a background in Elementary Education, Secondary or High School education (science and math subject areas particularly helpful)