Community Development Worker
As a Community Development Worker serving in Mexico for 1-2 years (or more!), immerse yourself into a new language and culture through our Avance Program! Live with a host family, level up your Spanish skills and serve in local ministries + churches under a great team of fun & experienced leaders in Mexico City! Together with Mexican Christians, spend your life on what will outlast it in one of the largest cities of the world while growing and learning about God’s will for your life.
About Mexico City & the Role
Mexico City is the largest city in Latin America, with approximately 21.2 million people in the entire metropolitan area. Accordingly, Mexico City is an important and strategic location for ministry outreach and church planting. It is also a city that demonstrates a clear mosaic of prosperous and poorer neighborhoods.
As a Community Development Worker, work alongside other missionaries and locals in Community development projects that equip others for life through faith. Work alongside a community center that seeks to strategically impact the community- bridging the gap between community and church. Build relationships with the kids, youth, and adults while offering quality classes (English, computing, math, tutoring, painting, etc.) where people can improve their skills/life opportunities and learn new things.
- Be equipped through cross-cultural and spiritual formation training (pre- and on-field)
- Enroll in Spanish language classes (college credit available in some cases) to connect with the culture (prior Spanish knowledge not required, but if you have it that’s great!)
- Immerse in Mexican culture by living with a host family
- Have weekly rhythms with a team of young adults & qualified leaders
- Train in leadership development
- Serve in a local ministry (churches, anti-trafficking, hostel ministry, music, womens ministry, etc.)
- Experience cross-cultural life in a dynamic, bustling city in Mexico
- Learn how to use your skills & giftings to glorify God
- You’re 18-29 years old
- You’re a follower of Jesus and wanting to grow spiritually
- You’re adaptable and teachable
- You want to serve in a cross-cultural environment
- You’re willing to raise your support for this role (don’t worry- we’ll show you how!
- You have a TESOL certification (preferred, not required)
- You have teaching skills & computer proficiency